Monday, June 6, 2011

BOUGHT THE ASTRO FOR $2700





THEN WE BOUGHT A $50 INVERTER FOR IT. DOES THIS MEAN FREEDOM FROM THE CITY?

I enhance my life. I make it. I rant in front of my webcam or I become Jeni of the nineties and do all sorts of things in front of my webcam in my dorm room. With the simplicity of entry I make simplicity of presenting myself. I don’t need to watch. I do. I do. And I do. I make a rant on the impossible tuition and I generate simple algorithms out of my situation. I study, I eat, I may work or accrue student debt, I might sneak in some vestige of a personal life, which is doing with glee, and then I sleep. There is no shame in any of these algorithms…as witnessed on a billion face book pages…and then we are planet channel. We are a billion channels.


I resemble the cellular automata of the finite mathematician Conway. I am lonely and die. I am crowded and I die. I remain stable with the stable distance with the many others that make up the hive. This story of movement or growth might not be as interesting as an episode of MacGyver but this is what we are stuck with. I generate my enhancement.


So does a city (as an extension of many ‘me’s), and so does the reflecting media around me. Enhancement is now generative. For this we can generate a happy life that is sustainable to the ‘laws’ of a sustainable existence or I have a billion other rabbit holes to go down and watch the lives of others. But this is boring. Watching the pattern of warring dots in Conway’s ‘game of life’ we are reminded of viruses. We are reminded of architecture, real estate, and urbanism. There is a minimum level of material existence which a person can center their happiness. Generate and enhance.

No comments:

Post a Comment